This year has been a roller coaster that went so fast I had to focus so not to throw up…and couldn’t close eyes…If I had I would have missed the amazing ride…I have tried my best to be the best Mommy that I could this year…they were breastfed for 10 months and drinking out of sippy cups like big boys today. They can chow down on some food with their two bottom teeth…I am so scared that they will eat me out of house and home very soon. I have loved on them and played as hard as I have had time for. I really don’t think they ever feel neglected…not one minute…not one day and I am proud for that. I never thought in a million years that I would be here. I never thought I would be this happy in such a chaotic life. I never thought I would be so thankful to clean up soo much poopoo and vomit. I would never trade those little smiles & belly laughs when I cuddle my little men. When I ask Nolan for a hug, he leans in and grins. When I ask Mason for a kiss he comes at my face with a slobbery open mouth. When I ask Andrew to check on his brothers he gives them words to comfort them that mommy will be there soon. Andrew gets concerned when they are not with us and gives me advice on how to cope when he sees me tired, “Just go to sleep mommy, and don’t hear the babies.”
Have they changed everything for my life? Yes!...do I remember a day they were not in it?...No!...They have big personalities now that can’t be ignored. Nolan (Nony) is very outgoing and will flirt and smile at anyone…unless in the rare times he has been without his brothers…he explores more…tries to get into things but moves on quickly…he will be cuddled when he is feeling rotten or super tired…He wants to be seen and know you are aware of his presence…Mason (Mas) is the thinker before he acts type…he is checking things and people out before he warms up...he will stare and analyze the room...with those fingers in his mouth…he wants to be sure things are safe before he lets out his screams and yells…and he talks a lot…he waves and really likes to sit and play…he loves studying toys and books…he wants to take his time to figure out how things work…he is a cuddly one…he wants you to really hold and rock him…loves to lean his head on your shoulder or just be near you…Both boys sleep from about 8:30pm-7:30am and have since about 6 weeks. I have had only a few nights of late nights. They are crawling and climbing on everything. They walk along the furniture and stand really well…Nolan has let go of both hands a few times but Mason still feels safer with at least his elbows leaning on something…
I am so excited about our next adventures together as a family of 5. It just seems so strange that I have twins…and twins that are 1…stranger that I have 3 kids…and 3 boys…it seems strange that I am feelings so happy with my life…that I go to bed at night looking forward to what tomorrow holds…cute things Drew will say and what new things Nolan and Mason will do. I love seeing their brotherly relationships taking form. To see how they miss each other when they are apart. How they play and laugh. I am overwhelmed with joy just to look at them. What did I do to deserve such a blessed life? I know I had much support from family and friends this year...there have been great highs and a few…very few…little dips!
My hubby…my partner...even though he hasn’t been able to share all the struggles of the in home care of these little cutie pies...Tim has been committed to taking care of us…working 80 hours a week sometimes and still coming home and helping me with dishes, feedings, bathing, getting babies in bed…and all with the best attitude on no sleep…I am impressed every day…he is such an affectionate, loving father…This year has strengthened us as a couple…our relationship is definitely stronger!…I am a very lucky girl to have found such a great man…he jokes that he was the best thing that ever happened to me…but it’s true!
Great thanks to DeeDee and CoCo for being my rocks...for being my outlets, my sitters, my grocery store, my cooks, my house keepers at times, my errand runners a million times…thank you for loving us so much…I would have been a wreck if you two had not made this little family your worlds…THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart…
My friends and clients that I have photographed have assisted with an outlet...my photographs and the time spent making once in a lifetime memories for you has been therapy for me. For my personal nurse…thank you for keeping me sane when I thought somethings seemed so BIG that ended up being so very small. For my friends that really came through for me when my right hand men were down during battle…Mindy you know that you’re in trouble…because you took care of my kiddos so well all by yourself…
My bestie…what can I say...Naenae…you held me when I cried so many times this year…when Tim was gone and I thought I could burst into a million pieces…you had the broom ready…you gave words of encouragement when I thought things could not possibly get better. You prayed for me…boy did I need you and you never let me down…you believed in my dreams…you let me be a part of your life…I know that Reid and my boys will be the best of friends…Thank you Thank you…
My family members that checked up on me from time to time…even if just by phone…I have been showered with love and support...
Like DeeDee tells me, “It takes a village to raise a child!” Thank you all for being my village this year…
I am including a picture in this update of Nolan and Mason: the hospital pic, and just some picture collages of the boys and our family throughout the year and some pics from my 1 year shoot with my very handsome 1 year olds…and their handsome big brother.






Nolan this year…

Nolan 1 year old…

Mason this year…

Mason 1 year old…

My boys…two 1 year olds and a 3 year old…






No comments:
Post a Comment